Healthy Raw Christmas Pudding by Teresa Cutter
Are you Gluten-Free? Wanting something Healthy but yummy? Don’t let his Christmas Miracle go any further.
Teresa Cutter from Mind Body + Soul has come up with a Christmas pudding like no other! You won’t even feel guilty for eating more than one…
- 225g fresh pitted dates – approx 10 – 15 dates depending on their size
- zest from 1 orange
- 250g organic dried apricots, chopped
- 150 g (1 ½ cups) almond meal/ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 80 g white chocolate, melted for decoration
- Combine dates, orange zest, apricots, vanilla, ground almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a food processor.
- Process until mixture is combined and looks like fine crumbs.
- Spoon mixture into a large bowl and add 1 – 2 tablespoons orange juice then mix again. Your pudding mix should come together in the hands when lightly squeezed.
- Divide puddings into 6 small puddings. The best way to do this is to line the base of your desired mould with glad wrap and press the pudding mixture into it firmly.
- Invert the pudding and remove the glad wrap. Repeat until all the puddings are formed.
- Melt white chocolate in a small bowl that is set over a simmering pot of water.
- Spoon a little white chocolate over the tops of the puddings if using and garnish. You can use goji berries, fresh cherries or anything you fancy. Alternatively omit the topping if you wish.
- Arrange onto a serving plate and set aside until needed.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Let us know how you go.